Monday, May 28, 2012

Flower Spirits for Springtime!!


In celebration of Springtime, I decided to make a trio of flower spirits to watch over our nature table!
First I did a google search for "flower templates"...there are 100s of templates out there...find the one that you like the best and cut the pattern out onto 2 pieces of felt.
Embellish to your hearts delight...sew the sides together, leaving a hole at the top for the head,
(and you know I'm a sucker for the blanket stitch...just makes your end project look super neat),
At this point if you want to stuff your flowers a bit, go for it...I used a bit of wool roving as stuffing...just to make them a bit heartier!
Take a pipe cleaner and fold it in half...glue a wooden bead to the top...add some roving hair...
(I find using a glue gun works best for this...holds well and dries super fast)
Add a grassy crown...leafy crown...again...be creative...
some string to hang and here you go!!!
A sweet little flower spirit to welcome Spring!!
Hang them in your windows...over your nature table, or in the trees!!
Off to the garden!!
xo maureen
ps...Next Monday we're going to be starting a special feature on our blog...it's going to be called
"All Spunk...No Junk"
We'll be featuring special guest bloggers and having a weekly link up party on our blog...hope you
can join in!!!



13 comments:

  1. You are a dear heart.

    Thank you for the wonderful comment at Imagine Childhood.

    Stop by my blog for a visit!

    All joys,

    Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lola and I love them. We are going to make some of our own. She has sewn her first gnome, with a little help from me, so she is ready for her next project. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic. So cheerful. I think I need to make some for the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute! thanks for sharing! glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely, What a simple way to add some spring colour! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really simple and lovely idea! I'll try to make some with my girl this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them! Would like to know what you use for the hair? And they would look great hanging in a Girls bedroom! Want to make with wire and vines Super Cute! Thanks for the project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used wool roving for the hair…I think it was a merino wool roving which just flows so nicely! Would love to see what you create! :)

      Delete
  8. I know your expertise on this. I must say we should have an online discussion on this. Writing only comments will close the discussion straight away! And will restrict the benefits from this information, There is also something to share with you guys
    Same Day Movers Canton MI

    You guys also try it for best moving services

    ReplyDelete

We ((LOVE)) your comments!!! Thank you with all our hearts for visiting us here at Twig and Toadstool. xo

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails