Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blossom Fairies to Beckon Spring!


There is so much to enjoy in winter ~ sunlight sparkling on a fresh snowfalls, cold kissed rosy cheeks, gliding around a glassy rink, evergreens heavy with snow, sliding and squealing down big hills,  glowing wood stoves greeting frosty fingers, snowflake glittered eyelashes...

I confess though, my yearning for spring has been slowly awakening and whispers such sweet promises... wriggling my bare feet into the deep dark earth... letting the warm sunshine saturate me... feasting my eyes the baby bright green of new life...
I am hungry for the sweetness of spring!

Recently these blossom fairies sprang to life, ready to coax out spring in all her splendor!
These were inspired by the gorgeous work of wee folk studio.  We played to see if we could come up with a simple version that little people could create.

To create some fresh flowers faces 
here's how it goes...

Supplies to gather
* silk flowers *
* felt *
* wooden doll pin and stand *
* glue *
*pipe cleaner *
*roving *
* acorn cap*


To begin, cut out a square of felt just big enough to wrap around your doll pin. Glue your felt around your doll's body. (I used a glue gun but if you want little hands to create these, craft glue would work as well.)



Decide what flower colors you want for your skirt. 
Pull apart your silk flowers. 
 Fold them in half...


and cut the hole in the center just big enough to accommodate the felt covered doll pin.


Slide on your colorful skirt!


For the arms ~ cut a piece of pipe cleaner the length you want your arms to be (bent around the back), add some glue in the middle and stick on.
For the wings ~  cut the petals out of your silk flowers and glue on over top of the pipe cleaner (hides the back of the arms quite nicely ;).
Glue on some roving for hair.
Glue on her sweet hat!


These blossom fairies found themselves some lovely girls to play with..


and go home with!



Awaiting signs of life and looking for joy in winters embrace
With love
~ Shanti ~

17 comments:

  1. Oh, magical birthday party! The colours and the GREEN are wonderful! Sweet little faeries...I too am hungry for a big bowl of SPRING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Middling and I are both enchanted by these blossoms. There will be more coming to live in our house, I think. Such happy colourful folk to help welcome the return of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so colorful and whimsy! I may have to add them to a class I am planning to teach on fairy gardens this summer....such a delight Shanti!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful and colorful! I was just thinking I wanted to make some crafts reflective of spring during the month of March. Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These flowers are just perfect for Spring, how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG.....!!!!! look out!!! my garden is soon to be full of blossom fairies! WOW! thanks for showing me how... you're amazingly talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful blossom fairies! Thanks for sharing this, I think we'll definitely be making some of these for our nature table. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, gracious! So very very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lola's 4th birthday is more than a month away but since I will be gone so much between now and then, I have already started planning. It will be a princess party for five. This is just the kind of craft I have been looking for. I don't know yet if I am going to make them as thank you gifts, or feature making them as the main event. Either way, they are coming to Wisconsin!

    Thank you for the inspiration!
    Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE these so much that I have shared them with my readers on my recent post Away with the Fairies http://dreamingaloudnet.blogspot.com/2011/03/away-with-fairies.html

    Looking forward to making them, as I have lots of dolly pins waiting to be used. Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I said I would and lo and behold, I followed through. Here is my version: http://dutchgirloriginals.blogspot.com/2011/03/fairy-princesses.html

    Thanks again for the inspiration.
    Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cách bnaj thiết kế các hình với các vật liệu gần gũi với cs của con người thtaj tuyệt, bạn có nên xem các thông tin bài viết Phải làm thế nào nếu nhổ răng khôn 1 tuần vẫn đau ?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work.สล็อตออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though.สล็อตเว็บใหญ่

    ReplyDelete
  15. เทคนิคการเล่นบาคาร่า กับ autobet บาคาร่า เกมไพ่ที่ทำเงินให้แก่ผู้เล่นได้มากมายมหาศาลถึงกระทั้งผู้เล่นบางคนก็รวยจากการเล่นเกมชนิดนี้เลยก็ว่าได้ที่ autobet

    ReplyDelete
  16. Skin well being requires sustenance sometimes. Standard spa treatment prompts the shining and sound skin.Visit massage near me

    ReplyDelete

We ((LOVE)) your comments!!! Thank you with all our hearts for visiting us here at Twig and Toadstool. xo

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails